Generic Name : Co-Trimoxazole
Brand Name : Bactrim
Manufacturer Name : Cipla India
Product Code : OBP 453
Delivery Days : 10 To 12 Working Days
Composition : Co-Trimoxazole
Strength : 800+160mg
Packaging : Tablets (Blister)
Presentation : Pills Strip
Drug Class : Sulfonamides drugs
Prescribed For : Treat various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis, infections of the urinary tract, ear, and abdomen
Side Effects : Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, headache
Ciplin DS 800+160 MG is a combination medication that contains two active ingredients: Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim. This medication falls into the class of antibiotics and is used to treat a range of bacterial infections in both adults and children.
Ciplin DS 800+160 MG works through a dual-action mechanism, combining two active ingredients: Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim. This combination medication is classified as an antibiotic, and it's effective against a wide range of bacterial infections. Here's how Ciplin DS 800+160 MG works:
1. Inhibition of Folic Acid Synthesis:
Both Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim target the bacterial synthesis of folic acid, a crucial component for bacteria to produce DNA and replicate. Here's how each component contributes to this inhibition:
Sulfamethoxazole: This sulfonamide antibiotic inhibits a specific enzyme in bacteria that's essential for folic acid production. By blocking this enzyme, Sulfamethoxazole disrupts the bacteria's ability to create folic acid, a vital building block for DNA and other essential cellular processes.
Trimethoprim: Trimethoprim complements the action of Sulfamethoxazole by targeting a different enzyme involved in folic acid synthesis within the bacteria. By inhibiting this enzyme, Trimethoprim further disrupts the production of folic acid, preventing the bacteria from multiplying and spreading.
2. Synergistic Effect:
The combination of Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim is synergistic, meaning that their actions together are more effective in inhibiting bacterial growth than either component alone. By targeting different steps in the folic acid synthesis pathway, they create a dual barrier that is difficult for bacteria to overcome. This synergy allows Ciplin DS 800+160 MG to effectively combat a broad spectrum of bacteria.
3. Bacterial Growth Inhibition:
With the inhibition of folic acid synthesis, the bacterial cells are unable to replicate and produce new DNA. This prevents the bacteria from growing and dividing, ultimately leading to their death. As a result, the infection is controlled, and the body's immune system can effectively clear the bacteria.
Ciplin DS 800+160 MG is a combination medication that contains two active ingredients: Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim. These ingredients are present in specific dosages in each tablet. Here are the details:
1. Sulfamethoxazole (800 MG):
Sulfamethoxazole is one of the active antibiotics in Ciplin DS 800+160 MG. It is present in each tablet at a dosage of 800 milligrams (mg).
2. Trimethoprim (160 MG):
Trimethoprim is the second active antibiotic in Ciplin DS 800+160 MG. It is present in each tablet at a dosage of 160 milligrams (mg).
These dosages are typically formulated to provide an effective combination for treating bacterial infections. The specific dosage and duration of treatment with Ciplin DS 800+160 MG should be determined by a qualified healthcare professional based on the type and severity of the infection being treated.
Here's a general overview of who can use Ciplin DS 800+160 MG:
1. Individuals with Bacterial Infections: Ciplin DS 800+160 MG is used to treat various bacterial infections. It may be prescribed for respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections (UTIs), skin and soft tissue infections, and other types of bacterial infections. The decision to use this medication is based on the specific diagnosis made by a healthcare provider.
2. Adults and Children: Depending on the nature and severity of the infection, Ciplin DS 800+160 MG may be prescribed to both adults and children. The dosages and treatment duration may vary for different age groups.
3. Those with Susceptible Bacteria: This medication is effective against a broad spectrum of susceptible bacteria. It is used when the infection is caused by bacteria that are sensitive to the action of Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim.
4. Consultation with Healthcare Professional: Before using Ciplin DS 800+160 MG, individuals should consult a healthcare provider, typically a doctor, who will assess the nature of the infection and determine if this medication is appropriate. The healthcare provider will also prescribe the specific dosage and duration of treatment.
5. Allergic Reactions and Medical History: Individuals should inform their healthcare provider about any known allergies, previous adverse reactions to medications, and any current medical conditions or medications they are taking. This information is essential for the safe and effective use of Ciplin DS 800+160 MG.
6. Pregnant and Nursing Women: Pregnant or nursing women should consult their healthcare provider before using this medication to ensure it is safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Here are some common mistakes to avoid:
Online Blue Pills is a trusted online pharmacy that caters to all your medical requirements. If you're seeking to purchase Ciplin DS 800+160 MG online in the USA, Online Blue Pills is your ultimate destination. We offer a wide range of medications at highly competitive prices and provide swift delivery services across the United States. When it comes to your healthcare needs, you can rely on Online Blue Pills for convenience, affordability, and quality service.
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Ciplin DS 800+160 MG:
Q: What is Ciplin DS 800+160 MG?
A: Ciplin DS 800+160 MG is a prescription medication that contains two active antibiotics, Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim. It is used to treat various bacterial infections in adults and children.
Q: How does Ciplin DS 800+160 MG work?
A: Ciplin DS 800+160 MG works by inhibiting the synthesis of folic acid, which is essential for bacterial growth and DNA production. This dual-action antibiotic combination is effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria.
Q: What types of infections can Ciplin DS 800+160 MG treat?
A: Ciplin DS 800+160 MG can be used to treat a range of bacterial infections, including respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections (UTIs), skin and soft tissue infections, and traveler's diarrhea caused by susceptible bacteria.
Q: How should I take Ciplin DS 800+160 MG?
A: Take Ciplin DS 800+160 MG exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider. It is typically taken with food or milk to reduce the risk of stomach upset. Follow your doctor's instructions regarding dosage and duration of treatment.
Q: Are there any common side effects of Ciplin DS 800+160 MG?
A: Common side effects may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, skin reactions, headaches, increased thirst, and sensitivity to sunlight. However, not everyone will experience these side effects, and they are usually mild and temporary.
Q: Can I drink alcohol while taking Ciplin DS 800+160 MG?
A: It's generally advisable to avoid alcohol while taking this medication, as alcohol can interact with antibiotics and potentially lead to adverse effects.
Q: What should I do if I miss a dose of Ciplin DS 800+160 MG?
A: If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it's close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Q: Can I stop taking Ciplin DS 800+160 MG once my symptoms improve?
A: No, it's essential to complete the entire prescribed course of treatment, even if your symptoms improve before you finish the medication. Stopping prematurely can lead to incomplete treatment and antibiotic resistance.
Q: Is Ciplin DS 800+160 MG effective against viral infections?
A: No, Ciplin DS 800+160 MG is an antibiotic and is not effective against viral infections like the common cold or flu. It is specifically designed to treat bacterial infections.
Q: Where can I purchase Ciplin DS 800+160 MG?
A: You can purchase Ciplin DS 800+160 MG with a valid prescription from a pharmacy or through authorized online pharmacies. Always ensure you obtain it from a reputable source.
Here are some common side effects associated with this medication:
1. Nausea and Vomiting: Nausea and vomiting are common side effects of Ciplin DS 800+160 MG, particularly if the medication is taken on an empty stomach. Taking it with food or milk can help reduce this side effect.
2. Diarrhea: Some individuals may experience diarrhea while taking this medication. It's important to stay hydrated if diarrhea occurs.
3. Skin Reactions: Skin reactions such as rashes, itching, or hives can occasionally occur. If you develop a rash or experience itching, contact your healthcare provider.
4. Headache: Headaches may occur as a side effect of Ciplin DS 800+160 MG. If you experience severe or persistent headaches, inform your healthcare provider.
5. Sensitivity to Sunlight: Some individuals may become more sensitive to sunlight (photosensitivity) while taking this medication. Use sun protection measures, such as sunscreen and protective clothing, when outdoors.
6. Changes in Blood Cell Counts: Ciplin DS 800+160 MG can affect blood cell counts in some cases, leading to conditions like anemia or low white blood cell count. Regular blood tests may be performed to monitor for these changes.
7. Increased Thirst: An increased sensation of thirst may occur due to the medication's effect on the kidneys. It's important to maintain proper hydration.
8. Electrolyte Imbalances: This medication can affect the balance of electrolytes in the body, including potassium levels. Your healthcare provider may monitor electrolyte levels during treatment.
9. Allergic Reactions: In rare cases, individuals may experience allergic reactions to Ciplin DS 800+160 MG. Symptoms may include itching, swelling, difficulty breathing, or a severe rash. Seek immediate medical attention if you suspect an allergic reaction.
10. Gastrointestinal Upset: Some people may experience general gastrointestinal discomfort, including stomach pain or cramps.
Here are some common uses of Ciplin DS 800+160 MG:
Respiratory Tract Infections: Ciplin DS 800+160 MG is often prescribed to treat respiratory tract infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia. It is effective against the bacteria that can cause these infections.
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs): UTIs, including cystitis (bladder infection) and pyelonephritis (kidney infection), can be treated with Ciplin DS 800+160 MG. It helps combat the bacteria responsible for these infections.
Skin and Soft Tissue Infections: Bacterial skin infections, like cellulitis or abscesses, may be treated with Ciplin DS 800+160 MG. It can help clear the infection and prevent its spread.
Traveler's Diarrhea: In some cases, Ciplin DS 800+160 MG may be used to prevent and treat traveler's diarrhea, particularly when the diarrhea is caused by bacterial pathogens. It can be useful for travelers visiting regions where bacterial infections are common.
Other Bacterial Infections: This medication may be prescribed for various other bacterial infections as determined by a healthcare provider. The choice to use Ciplin DS 800+160 MG depends on the specific bacteria causing the infection and its susceptibility to the antibiotics in this medication.
Here are general instructions on how to use Ciplin DS 800+160 MG:
1. Prescription and Dosage: Ciplin DS 800+160 MG is a prescription medication, so it should only be used under the guidance of a qualified healthcare professional. Follow the prescribed dosage and treatment duration provided by your doctor. Do not alter the dosage or stop taking the medication prematurely, even if your symptoms improve.
2. Read the Medication Guide: Carefully read the medication guide or patient information leaflet provided by your pharmacist. This will contain important information about the medication, including potential side effects and precautions.
3. Take with Water: Ciplin DS 800+160 MG tablets should be taken with a full glass of water. Swallow the tablet whole; do not crush or chew it.
4. Timing of Doses: Take the medication exactly as directed by your healthcare provider. It is typically recommended to take it with food or milk to reduce the risk of stomach upset. This medication is usually taken once or twice a day.
5. Stay Hydrated: While taking Ciplin DS 800+160 MG, it's important to stay well-hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, unless otherwise advised by your healthcare provider.
6. Complete the Full Course: Finish the entire prescribed course of treatment, even if you start feeling better before the medication is finished. Stopping prematurely can lead to incomplete treatment and antibiotic resistance.
7. Avoid Missing Doses: Try to take the medication at the same time each day to establish a routine and reduce the likelihood of missing doses. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it's close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
8. Inform Your Healthcare Provider: If you experience any side effects or adverse reactions while taking Ciplin DS 800+160 MG, or if your condition worsens, inform your healthcare provider promptly.
9. Follow-up: Attend any follow-up appointments with your doctor as scheduled. They may want to monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment.
10. Storage: Store Ciplin DS 800+160 MG tablets in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and moisture. Keep the medication out of the reach of children.
The information provided on website is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult a qualified healthcare professional for personalized medical advice.
with branches throughout the USA
Your information is in safe hands.